BTW was Miles Hurt? he still has a nasty burst of speed but to me he just had the look of someone playing hurt
cvcgrad, it is always something negative about Clintwood with you. Clintwood played hard last night...And I thought they might quit after losing to GC so badly. Clintwood is a young and upcoming team.
Clintwood Greenwave
Back-to-Back Region D Champions
2008 LPD Champions
"State in '08"
BTW was Miles Hurt? he still has a nasty burst of speed but to me he just had the look of someone playing hurt
something had happened to his calf in the first half. he didnt score in the first half and had 34 in the second half.
Go back and read what I said. I commented that I was impressed with ability of bothteams to stay in the game.
Despite crashing in the 3rd quarter, Clintwood showed a lot of determination to stay in the game. Norton as well showed a lot of determination. How many teams could come back from a 20 pt deficit to win?
[ QUOTE ]
cvcgrad, it is always something negative about Clintwood with you. Clintwood played hard last night...And I thought they might quit after losing to GC so badly. Clintwood is a young and upcoming team.
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
The fact that Clintwood has beat Wise twice tells me that this team can win. Elswick has the potential to be a good shooter.
Norton was definitely off their game in the first half. Whatever Stan said to them in the lockerroom must have worked. I think Miles and Coleman are going to be names we'll be hearing a lot from in the next couple of years.
BTW, the "priceless" moment of the game had to be in OT when Josh Meade was yelling to his teammates, "dont foul him (pointing to Miles)... foul him (pointing to Coleman)."
[ QUOTE ]
See I think thats where I disagree. You can't score 22 points in the first quarter and only score 24 in the second half if you know how to win. The things that were working, lots of passing, lots of looking the court over, kind of forgot. Norton was almost baiting them to take the open shot so they could run, and turn things into 3 point plays or worse. Granted, Norton definitely picked it up a notch. 6/10 of the team are sophmores or freshmen so learning how to win and not playing to not lose is something that only comes with more experience, something they haven't gotten a ton of yet. But that's just my opinion, but I do think they are getting there. Another freshmen is stepping up, getting more confident, its a process.
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
I don't think cvcgrad's been too negative to Clintwood's ball team. I think he recognizes some problems w/their execution and their program as a whole, and has expressed concern more than anything. There was a thread on here 2 weeks ago where he expressed interest in people brainstorming about how to fix certain things that he perceived were broken.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Thanks for the comments.
I've been accused of trashing Clintwood and have received several PM's from angry Clintwood fans. For the record, I don't have an issue with Clintwood's team or anyone from Clintwood.
I'm a basketball fan. I'm not a cheerleader for any specific team. I attend a lot of games in the LPD but also the BDD and Cumberland. I've said it before, and I'll repeat it again, there is no team that is so good that they are invincible. At the same time, I haven't seen any team so bad that they are beyond hope.
Good luck to Clintwood for the remainder of the season and the year to come!
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think cvcgrad's been too negative to Clintwood's ball team. I think he recognizes some problems w/their execution and their program as a whole, and has expressed concern more than anything. There was a thread on here 2 weeks ago where he expressed interest in people brainstorming about how to fix certain things that he perceived were broken.
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
well this year is the last year you'll here miles names.. hes a senior
Sorry. I didn't realize Lorenzo was a senior. I thought he was a bit younger.
Impressive year though.
[ QUOTE ]
well this year is the last year you'll here miles names.. hes a senior
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Bookmarks